Preparing a winning ACRA entry
Make sure you follow the below hints & tips to ensure your entry has maximum impact on the judges and isn’t disadvantaged in any way!
Entry Details & Special Entry Forms
- Demonstrate versatility, innovation and creativity
- Your entry must address all criteria on the entry form
- Include your official ACMA identity (eg. 2SYD) as well as your on-air ID (eg. Nova 96.9) to ensure your station is properly identified
- Pay close attention to completing name and title entry details – they need to appear exactly as they would appear on a finalist’s certificate or winner’s trophy
- Do not staple, bind or submit entries in folders and only provide photocopies of supporting material – not originals
- If you can’t fit your response in the spaces made available on the Special Entry Form – feel free to complete on a separate page ensuring you do not exceed the page limit. Judges will not assess information which exceeds the maximum limits.
- Ensure your Station Manager or General Manager signs your Special Entry Form where required.
- Judges want to hear a lot more of you and less of other people and music
- Entries should be exactly as broadcast – no added background music or sound effects
- Ensure your entry is broadcast quality
- Make sure your audio sticks to the time limit for the category – once again, judges will not assess audio that exceeds the maximum limits
- Get your best material up front on your audio – make it the first thing the judges hear to capture their attention and imagination
- State your name and station only at the beginning of your entry – there should be no music or noise in the background – no production, no station IDS
- Your name and station tag can be on top of the stated audio limit for the category but the tag should not exceed three seconds
- Ideally provide a selection of material, except where stated otherwise
- Audio should be submitted on CD or uploaded to the website for online entries
- Do not submit the same audio entry for different categories – it will be noticed - especially if your entry makes it through to Finalist judging
- For Best Multimedia Execution compile examples please click here
- For Best Marketing Campaign examples please click here
- All supporting material is strictly limited to one page, except where stated otherwise
- Check and double check the checklist for your entry before submission
- It is recommended that you do not submit the same audio entry for different categories
More hints & tips for individual categories can be found on the relevant entry forms.
Answers to some of the most frequently asked questions can be found here!